6 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:25 AM

I encourage those interested in the subject to read JFK's speech, of 1954, while he was yet a Senator. Revisionist history has often erroneously cited his administration as having started the Vietnam war. And likewise, following his assassination, revisionist "secret" history sought to place the blame for escalation of that war on JFK. Yet, truth be told, JFK was always opposed to our presence in Indochina. He spoke rather forcefully against it, first while a member of the House of Representatives--and later while he was a Senator--he laid out one of the best cases AGAINST our becoming entrenched in Vietnam that was ever written BEFORE the fact.

• Christina Gill likes this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:53 PM

John Newman, JFK and Vietnam, struck like a thunderbolt.  Noam Chomsky* to the contrary notwithstanding.

The smell is the charred corpse of Chomsky frozen in situ as he knelt over the high-tension truth with a reciprocating saw.

From Greg's posting linked above:

I am frankly of the belief that no amount of American military assistance in Indochina can conquer an enemy which is everywhere and at the same time nowhere, “an enemy of the people” which has the sympathy and covert support of the people.

JFK was out front of history:  He recited the sorry narrative of false optimism and predicted the failure twenty years hence--

--after the hawks, at the midpoint between oracle and Last Chopper,  declared war over his dead body

slain by a deniable chain

O tempora

O mores

Morales

or less

Noam Chomsky* in full-throated denial of conspiracy as is his wont vis-a-vis assassination and the War in Vietnam:

2pow787.jpg

#3 Christina Gill

Christina Gill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 07:11 PM

Thank you for posting that speech Greg. I'm going to share it on my facebook page.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie -- deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -President John F.Kennedy

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people." -President John F. Kennedy

"Forgive your enemies but never forget their names." -President John F. Kennedy

JFK

#4 Jim Hackett II

Jim Hackett II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 928 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:31 PM

"Morales

or less...."

The power of creative thought.... ;)

Makes my idea weak by comparison.

"Morley

or less....."

thanks Phil

Posts such as this force one to THINK..... a grand thing and fine gift.

Jim

#5 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

Thank you for posting that speech Greg. I'm going to share it on my facebook page.

You're welcome!

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#6 Larry Trotter

Larry Trotter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 March 2015 - 09:35 PM

As a HS student when JFK was assassinated on 11/22/63, I have some recall of those days. Although there was some aid and assistance during the JFK administration, the escalation of US Military involvement seemed to begin in '64, especially after the Tonkin Gulf Resolution in early August of '64. If JFK had not been murdered, I just do not believe that escalation would have occurred as long as he was POTUS.

Larry

Student of Assassination Research

#7 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:03 AM

I agree, Larry, that JFK was drawing down U.S. involvement.  We see it in NSAM 263, in the Lancer/Greg Burnham document and discussion:

http://www.jfklancer.com/NSAM263.html

Excerpts:

The President approved the military recommendations contained in Section I B (1-3)* of the report, but directed that no formal announcement be made of the implementation of plans to withdraw 1,000 U.S. military personnel by the end of 1963.

~~~

A program be established to train Vietnamese so that essential functions now performed by U.S. military personnel can be carried out by Vietnamese by the end of 1965. It should be possible to withdraw the bulk of U.S. personnel by that time.

In accordance with the program to train progressively Vietnamese to take over military functions, the Defense Department should announce in the very near future presently prepared plans to withdraw 1000 U.S. military personnel by the end of 1963. This action should be explained in low key as an initial step in a long-term program to replace U.S. personnel with trained Vietnamese without impairment of the war effort.

JFK was cursed for failing to push the Bay of Pigs raid over the goal line in 1961, for not invading Cuba and destroying the Russian bases in 1962, for banning tests and preaching peace in 1963.

Over his dead body, LBJ put a fake Tonkin Gulf event before congress and got his foot in the door to war.

Noam Chomsky and various other purveyors of newthink to the contrary notwithstanding.

By '67 it was clear the marvelous drawings of strategic hamlets in TIME were a papering-over of the coming American Dien Bien Phu.

JFK was there in '51 and knew the outcome--his speech linked by Greg refers to an enemy who is nowhere and everywhere.

• Larry Trotter likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Greg Burnham, Vietnam, JFK, 1954 speech

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com