11 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 22 February 2015 - 01:32 PM

The image upload feature is malfunctioning. We are working on a solution. Until we fix the problem you will not be able to upload images directly from your computer's hard drive. Instead you will need to upload them to a server, such as, Photo Bucket, and then copy and paste the image file's URL into the field that "pops up" when you click the "Image Icon" (indicated by the RED ARROW illustrated below). Many of these photo storage services are offered free of charge. Alternately, if you can't figure out how to do this yourself, you may send the image to me in email and I will do it for you.

If you need further information see this tutorial for instructions. It's easy.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your patience.

wvvmlf.jpg

• MatthewOr, RichardWhob and JustinBami like this

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

"A wise man can act a fool, but a foolish man can never act wise."  -- Unknown

AssassinationOfJFK.net Main Page

Forum:

AssassinationOfJFK.net Research Forum

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#2 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

Update:

This feature is now working intermittently. If you have trouble with it choose the "Browser uploader" option. That seems to work fine.

Greg Burnham
Admin

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep."  -- Farewell America (1968) 

“The ancient Greek definition of happiness was the full use of your powers along lines of excellence."  -- JFK

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#3 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:34 AM

UPDATE:

There was a compression "plug-in" built into our software called "Smush-it" that automatically reduces the file size of images uploaded to the server in order to conserve bandwidth. It was provided by Yahoo. However, that service was discontinued by Yahoo. They suddenly and unexpectedly "pulled the plug" on it. It was not "website" specific either. In other words, we weren't targeted for termination of the service it was globally discontinued. I believe that is the cause of the problems we have been intermittently experiencing with uploading files. I am looking into alternate solutions.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#4 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 03:48 AM

Test.  Test.

fxpua.jpg

Howard Brennan and Amos Euins

saw a man in the window with a guitar

The City of Dallas lay in ruins

Stone Aged courtesy of Curtis Cigar

#5 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 March 2015 - 11:51 AM

Phil,

Did you use the "Browser Uploader" button to post the image or did the regular method work? Did you use the new YouTube method to post the video?

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#6 Phil Dragoo

Phil Dragoo

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:56 PM

Upload images from my computer?  Only to a site from which to download via URL in field at image icon.

Video posted per your URL, Enter, delete "s" from https method.

That's URL, Folks!

#7 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 29 March 2015 - 02:21 PM

Got it, thanks!

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#8 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:26 PM

The image uploader issue appears to be resolved. The compression program that was temporarily discontinued by the provider has been re-instated.

If you experience any delays or glitches over the next 8 hours or so I trust they will be minor and very temporary. The software is working in the background to compress all images that have been uploaded to the server. That should be completed sometime later today or tonight. Once it is finished all should be normal again.

Thank you for your patience as this was getting resolved.

Test upload.

Attached File  JFKart.jpg   218.01KB   0 downloads

So far, so good.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#9 Charles Drago

Charles Drago

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationWherever I am observed by myself.

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

I'm not finding the function that allows for the creation of a new topic.

"[Y]ou can't blame the innocent, they are always guiltless. All you can do is control them or eliminate them. Innocence is a kind of insanity." -- Graham Greene, The Quiet American

"If an individual, through either his own volition or events over which he had no control, found himself taking up residence in a country undefined by flags or physical borders, he could be assured of one immediate and abiding consequence. He was on his own, and solitude and loneliness would probably be his companions unto the grave." -- James Lee Burke, Rain Gods

a wind has blown the rain away and blown
the sky away and all the leaves away,
and the trees stand. i think i too have known
autumn too long
-- e. e. cummings

#10 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:46 PM

I'm not finding the function that allows for the creation of a new topic.

Where are you looking? You need to enter one of the Forums first. Nobody can start a topic on the first page. So pick a "Forum Topic" like "Motive, means and opportunity" or whatever, and you'll see a Start new topic button on the top right side.

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

#11 Guest_Darren Hastings_*

Guest_Darren Hastings_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:51 PM

Likewise, cannot create new topic from the view new content feature. Must enter a topic first.

#12 Greg Burnham

Greg Burnham

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,065 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:31 PM

UPDATE:

If anyone else is experiencing difficulty with using the image uploader feature on the forum, please let me know. I have discovered a software glitch that caused this to happen in two accounts. I was able to correct the setting manually. So don't hesitate to let me know if you have problems with it.

Thanks to Ramon Herera for his persistence. It caused me to dig deeper and discover the problem's source. 

• Charles Drago likes this

Greg Burnham
Admin

Forum:

YouTube Channel:

GooglePlus:

Twitter:

Facebook:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Web Work by: XmasZen.com